Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the ACE Client Wiki section!
- What is the ACE Client?
- Since RIOT launched League Of Legends Beta, back in September 2009, it has been bugged. So after a few months, Matricus (nowadays support specialist at RIOT) took the game files and looked for possible tweaks he could do at the client.What started as a little project in a tiny thread in the official forum soon became a well-known alternative to RIOT´s client. Add-ons were added and the tweaks were taken on.Today the Ace Client is nothing more and nothing less than a League Of Legends Client that allows you more FPS (even on low-end PCs due to the tools that are provided) and other features you wouldnt have without the ACE Client. It has a couple of handy add-ons that come with it which make your gaming experience even better.
- Why do I need the ACE Client?
- There are several reasons people use the ACE Client for. One would be, that it has certain tweaks in performance which makes it able to run much more smoothly on slower PCs. Also, it provides several Add-Ons which makes it more comfortable to play. And last but not least it uses the old folder structure which does not mean that it is outdated but that it is easier to maintain especially for you as users of the Client.
- What exactly is the "extended part" and which add-ons does the Client feature?
- GPE (Game Performance Enhancer)
This tool developed by a member of the ACE Client Community is the following version of the KAG (Keep Alive Guard) which was once programmed by Matricus. This program is constantly updated and patched and support is given through a seperate thread in our forums. For the future a slim version with only the necessary parts is planned.
- HkM (Hotkey Manager)
The Hotkey Manager is a program that has certain shortcuts and predefined chat messages to send into chat. Whenever the tool is running and you press one of the shortcuts ingame, i.e. "Mid miss" is sent to your allies. This simplifies the process of chatting with your mates and gives you more time and room to focus on actual gaming.
- ACE Item Changer
This is a program that was originally taken from someone else and modified for the needs of the ACE Client. It gives a pretty much self-explicative user interface which utilizes you to change the recommended items for every of your favourite champs, so that ingame you wont have to click through tons of shop windows.
- LoL Replay
This renowned tool for recording matches in League Of Legends is a must-have for every serious gamer that wants to evaluate his performance ingame after the game ends to make sure certain mistakes are not repeatedly made. For further questions and other useful info on that tool visit the official homepage of the tool.
- Masteries Manager
The Masteries Manager is, as you can maybe already imagine, a tool to manage your masteries. It has become redundant in some way since there has been the introduction of multiple mastery oages, but this tool, can maybe help you too, as it provides quick changing between uder-predefined mastery settings.
- skinLoL (buggy)
This tool has been pretty much abandoned and has not been developed further for a long time. It can change your interface (scaling and position of certain elements ingame). But it is not really recommended to use it and you are hereby advised to use it only at your own risk. It may cause file corruption and errors which might force you to reinstall the whole client.
- Jungle Timers
This tool has not been created by the ACE Staff, but since we consider it very useful especially if you are still beginner we included it. It simply starts a timer whenever you do a buff in the jungle and tells you when it has respawned. Advanced players might not need it.
- How do I install tools or addons? How do I change servers?
- The core element for all configuration work with the actual client is called Content Manager. Here you can do all following things:
- Manage Addons
Here you can install all the addons listed above ("What exactly is the "extended part"/which add-ons does the client feature?") and you are able to implement custom load screen images or a changed patcher interface which both do not affect your gameplay but are only graphical stuff.
- Configure Clientsettings
Here you can switch between US, EU North&East and EU West. YES, you are able to play on all of the three with only one client without having to patch in between. Also you can change the colours of the health and mana bars ingame which is recommended if you either are a progamer who needs a certain colour to better fit his sight when gaming or if you are colourblind.
- Repair Client
This is the first step you can take if you come across any errors or bugs. This redefines registry values and keys, restores the client configuration files to original state and restores all shortcuts on the desktop been made by the ACE Client. Often this can help if you have bugs with our Client.
- Uninstall Client
If you are, for some unexspectable and horrible reason that cannot be ever forgiven, willing to uninstall our client, you can do that here.
Just joking You can use this option for uninstalling for example if you are forced to because you have bugs that you cannot solve. Reinstalling from latest Full Client and patching until latest version can often help then.
- How do I play with the ACE Client?
- Here is what you have to do to play with the ACE Client:
- First register an account (registering an account is not necessarily needed, but if you need support you have to create a thread and therefore you need an account, so better create one right at the start).
- Navigate into the forum section of this site which is called board index.
- Now enter the "Patches" section inside the forum.
- Here you find all patches and Full Clients that are available. To start with you need the latest Full Client (not patch!!!) that you can find. You can easily figure out which is the latest by either looking for the creation date of the thread or by just reading the version numbers as they are logically and in chronological order. For example 3.14 was before 3.15 and afterwards comes 3.16.
- Once you have the latest Full Client you start downloading all currently needed patches. Therefore you look for the highest version number and download every patch that is between this number and the version your Full Client has including the latest of course.
- Is using the ACE Client legal?
- YES! Using the ACE Client is absolutely legal. As of now the ACE Client does not contain any hacking tools that give you a normally forbidden advantage ingame. The only thing our tools do is to modify your client even further than it is when you download it. This customization work is only made easier with our tools and not forbidden as anyone with knowledge about the file structure in LoL could also modify our client by hand.
Also, it has been said several times by staff members of RIOT that they like us because we provide users that are for some reason unable to play with the official client with the ability to play LoL.
Thatswhy we rather like to call it extended and not modified client since the ACE Client no longer only excels at modded client files but even more in presenting a huge load of tools and addtional functions coming with it.
- What is planned for the project in the future?
- We got a new developer who will be programming an autopatcher. When and under which circumstances and preconditions this autopatcher will be available for patching the ACE Client is not yet decided since the patcher is still in the middle of development.
We will try to fix some bugs in our forum and also to update our whole site to fit the requirements of todays cyber-world (further information will be released on the ACE Forums whenever it becomes available).
- I have heard about a Teamspeak server? (How) can I join it?
- You first have to download the latest client @ www.teamspeak.com.When prompted for server details, enter: "ace-client.net" as the adress (you can leave the port empty as it is the standard one 9987).
- I have questions about the functions of this forum. Where is the phpBB FAQ?
- We modified this FAQ for our needs. If you are looking for the satndard FAQ with answers on how to register accounts or how to use BBCodes, check the official site of phpBB.
Known Bugs and their solution
- I´ve ran all patches, but I still can´t play? There seems to be no last patch?
- We might take a few days to make our ACE patch, so please be patient, and wait 1 or 2 days after Riot has released their patch. We need to extract every of RIOTs archives for every single patch and get the new files from it, then port it to the old folder structure and implement it to the structure of the patching system. And this is all done BY HAND. So please do not spam the forum with "PATCH NEEDED!".threads but simply wait. We dont forget patches.
- I heard about a seperate program that boosts FPS called KAG. Why isnt it available anymore?
- The development of the KAG (Keep Alive Guard) was cancelled. However you are still able to boost your FPS with the newer version of the program called GPE (Game Performance Enhancer) developed by our forum user 5cript. For info on this tool check the Add-Ons section here in the FAQ or the related thread found in the forum.